Monday, May 3, 2010

"dedicated"

So, I admit, I got emotional over reading this post on Shalimar's blog. As I read, I thought about how many "letters" I get from my students. Mostly, because of their age, they consist of " I love you" or cute pictures of rainbows etc. I was excited for Shalimar because her note was SO meaningful. As teachers, we KNOW we make a difference, but, to have the kids TELL you...it's emotional!
Last week, our principal asked the upper grade kids to "dedicate" their California State Standards test to someone. She asked them to write a letter to that person.
Today, I found these in my mailbox at work.
They took my breath away.
And then, I cried.

"And I still love you as much as you loved us"...really? from a third grader?

There are so many reasons why I teach...but, really, this is why.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is awesome. This can remind you of why you teach on a really hard day. Great job!

Jennifer said...

That is so sweet! It really makes it all worth it :)

The Ninofrancos said...

Keep those and read them on days when you wonder why you went into teaching.

The Paine Family said...

Beautiful! By the way I love your new camera and kite photo- nice work!

Mr. Halpern said...

Totally, incredibly awesome. Brilliant. :)