Friday, April 15, 2011

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God
So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them?

We had Papa Red's service today.
He and Grandma Purple will be buried together at Riverside National Memorial.
I was really doing ok during the ceremony, until my Jack got weepy.
My sweet, sensitive boy...
We tell him he will carry Papa Red in his heart forever,
and because they share a middle name,
that is something very special.


Listening to the summary of my grandfather's life...
Fingerprints. Everywhere.
We miss you, Papa Red.
Very much.


For more fingerprints, visit The Rusted Chain.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

2 beautiful photos from the service today. May your Grandpa Red rest in peace.

The Liconas said...

That picture of Jack just kills me...May Papa Red rest in peace

The Ninofrancos said...

It's hard saying good-bye for us as adults. I can imagine it's harder on kids since they can't understand it as well. Prayers for your family.