Friday, June 18, 2010

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god.
When I look at you, I can see the fingerprints of god.
And I know its true.
You're a masterpiece, that all creation quietly applauds.
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god.

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints.



Last week we celebrated Papa Red's 86th(?) Birthday.
He's the last grandparent I have.
My kids adore him, especially Molly.
And the love is mutual.
Not many kids grow up with their grandparents, let alone GREAT grandparents, and that blessing for my family has been a lifetime of fingerprints.
Happy Birthday, Papa!

...as always, check out The Rusted Chain for more inspiration!

12 comments:

artsyclay said...

Aw, that is wonderful!!!! Sweet pictures.

My mom was so thankful to meet 5 of her "gorgeous" great-grandchildren before she passed away. Not many people get that special gift.

Lindsay Thomas said...

How special!! It is such a gift to grow up with grandparents and great grandparents.

Gloria said...

Those are truely treasured moments, glad you were able to share today. Grandparents and great-grandparents seem to be so rare these days, hold on to these memories! Smile today. :)

Vicki said...

Grandparents are definitely precious fingerprints of God!
Oh, how I miss my grandparents. I only had three that I knew and they left me way too soon. What a wonderful blessing for your kids to know one of their great grandparents!

Rosebud Collection said...

So wonderful and happy..A true blessed Fingerprint from God..
Happy Fingerprint Friday.

Unknown said...

So sweet!! All of my grandparents have passed on. You are blessed! He looks so happy too! =)

The Liconas said...

Happy birthday to him!!! I KNOW how special he is to you and to your family!

rentz said...

My kids have one great-grandparent left. They truly are a blessing!

Mel said...

Papa Red and Molly are making the same faces! I love it.

Mel said...

Papa Red and Molly are making the same faces! I love it.

Jennifer said...

I love it.That is awesome that they have been able to have a relationship with him. I so wish my kids could have met my grandparents.

Michelle DeRusha said...

I am loving Papa Red. Those pictures made me well up!!