Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
This year, we are older and wiser....
Jack is SO ready for first grade. He is so excited to be back to school, that it makes this new chapter easier for Mommy.
A few funny things from the week...
* He has been insisting on bringing 2 apples to school, because this year he will have 2 wonderful teachers! (Jennifer and Patty...good luck! I know he will love you guys so much! )
* He already knows he wants to write about Comic Con from his summer...he actually told me it could be his TOPIC SENTENCE.
* He was so happy when I told him that in first grade, he gets his own pencil box with his own supplies..."Mom, if you tell me that again, my eyes might pop out!"
* He is enthusiastic about his new classroom..."YES! I am in Room 7!!!!" (and I am pretty convinced we would've said that no matter what room I mentioned)
* He read the whole class list on his own, and recognized lots of buddies
I am anxious for the morning to go smoothly.
The backpack is ready, the supplies are, too...
Wish us luck! Pictures tomorrow!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
spinning with the big kids at the park and spinning a little slower :)wearing a pinata hat
(from a family playdate that was more like a party!)practicing swinging, "big kid" stylemaking more animal friendsplaying in a gigantic ball pit...
filling up this contraption to later dump them all on his headenjoying the view with Daddy at the Great Lakes Science Centerstopping at the "ball"
(she waved to it every time we drove by)playing with this toy.
I bought it at a garage sale for $5...4 years ago.
I've gotten my money's worth!playing with this toy.
a fan + a ball= magicspeaking of garage sales,
we found this Blue's Clues backpack...for $1.00!stopped at a darling cupcake shop...
wearing a Spongebob apron from the farmers market!playing at the Eagles' Nest
(a kids drop off play area at the grocery store...
why don't we have this here??)making musicand a trip to Uncle Joe's fire station Thank you, family and friends in Ohio.
We had LOTS and LOTS of fun...
(and if you REALLY want to see more...
you can click here!)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
My computer won't load video directly, so I am taking advantage of the fact I can upload from this one...
It's not the best example...but here is Molly sort of counting...up to 5 is pretty good (for some reason she kept skipping 3 when I was recording this time...but she was distracted by being on the swing. That, and what baby performs when you really want them to?)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
They have a museum across the street...
So, the kids got to feed him!