- still does not sleep through the night
- loves throwing things in the trash can
- finds incredible joy in using crayons and markers...on surfaces that are not meant for art
- refuses to be wrapped up in a towel after a bath and prefers to drip dry
- loves to eat everything off my plate instead of her own
- screams her head off in the car if she drops something
- gets mad EVERY day when I only give her 2 vitamins and ignores her plea for "more"
- gets irritated when her shows are over and you change the channel....
But, I also have a 2 year old who:
- smiles so big it warms my heart
- loves her older brother so, so much
- can dance (and sing) with great accuracy
- exclaims "yeah, friends!" when we pull up at daycare
- puts her dishes in the sink when she is done eating
- declares things as "awesome"
- tells me "this is fun!"
- loves to "read" books
- can count to 14, because that's how many stairs we count everytime we go up or down
- almost always says "thank you"
- has more wonderful friends than most 2 year olds I know
- names all the people at the table on Sunday dinner at my mom's
- bonds with animals like nobody I have ever seen
- carries her special blankets everywhere we go
- thinks the Small World ride is probably the best thing ever
I have a 2 year old.
And I think she's perfect.
Happy Birthday, baby girl!
“A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it.”