Monday, August 30, 2010

second

Dear Jack,
Last night, I was so surprised by your nervous tears.
I knew you were anxious...but I knew you'd be fine today.
I actually knew you'd be MORE than fine.
See, because you are at "my" school, I can hand pick your teacher.
I ALWAYS pick the one that will love you for who you are.
Haven't I always made good choices for you?
You were worried that second grade would be "too hard" for you.
It's a big year...with a big 'ol state test at the end of it.
But, all we want from you this year, is for you to try your best.
Learn new things.
Make new friends.
Keep old friends.
Be a best friend.
Do your best.
And have fun.
Thanks for letting me take your picture this morning...
It's fun to see how you've grown since the first day of first grade:
It's even MORE fun to see how much you've grown since the first day of Kindergarten:

6 comments:

The Liconas said...

Jack looked so great today, being a big 2nd grader!!!! I know how proud you are of him and it is so obvious to him how much you love him and support him!! Go Jack, and have another fantastic year!!

JDiLuigi said...

I love that Jack is so humble and does not realize that he is really smart. That is a wonderful quality. Is that THE backpack that is positioned perfectly for the picture???

Malia said...

No way! Those three pictures are priceless!! What a sweet tiny kinder he was, and now such a mature looking second grader. And he sounds like just the sweetest little guy.

Jennifer said...

I love all his comments so sweet! I love love love the progression through the grades in pictures. I forget how little he used to be too.

Melissa said...

What a big boy!! I can't believe it!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He is so big now! I can't believe how much he has grown up! Time has really flown by since I last saw you all. It is unbelievable when I see these pictures of him at Richman that he is a second grader or that my Nate is a first grader. These two boys should really spend some time together. They sound like two peas in a pod!