Friday, December 11, 2009

Fingerprint Friday..and a chance to brag

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god
So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them?
Want to see more? Check out Pampering Beki's blog for more inspiration!
This was at the first grade awards assembly.
Where I realized how much Jack has grown up.
Last year, my "perfect child" was on a contract for
his tendency to have meltdowns daily,
over the silliest of things.
But, as I watched him walk into the MPR on Tuesday,
I realized that he is a different kid this year.
(and now would be a good time to thank
his current teachers and his previous teachers, too!)



Jack left the awards assembly with 3 awards:
proficient or advanced in reading, math, and writing.
I left very, very proud.
When you have kids, you want them to be nice,
compassionate,
forgiving, funny...
You just want them to grow up and be GOOD kids.
With Jack, we have all of this and so much more.
The academics are just the icing on the cake to me.
I am thankful for the kid he is,
for the kid he is becoming,
and the little boy he was.

7 comments:

Gloria said...

You have a precious little boy, treasure him always and have a very Merry Christmas!

artsyclay said...

He sounds like a great kid! May your Christmas be joyful and bright.

Sharon said...

I can't BELIEVE how grown up Jack looks in today's post!! Such a good looking boy. He is such a wonderful child....only because of loving parents and grandparents (and good teachers) :)

Wendy said...

What a cutiepie! It's amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it? Congrats to your little one for all his hard work!

Mel said...

Go Jack!

Thanks to the mom, too!

Nana said...

Hooray for Jack! Hooray for you and Ken for showing him the way, and for Molly, who teaches him patience, and that it's OK to be silly and stubborn sometimes. And how much fun that both Jack and Jake got awards at school this week!
Those kids make Papa and me VERY proud!

Jennifer said...

As his teacher I am so very proud of him too. He is such a pleasure to have in class. He is so bright, funny, kind, thoughtful, I could keep going... He always keeps it interesting :). You and Ken have done a wonderful job!