Thursday, January 13, 2011

V is for Volcano...

So, Jack got a volcano set for Christmas.
He was SO excited to do it!
And because Jack was, Molly was.

We made the mold on Tuesday.
Last night, after their bath (note the wet heads), we got ready
for the excitement. See how focused and serious they were?
The directions said to "Stand Back! For a super eruption, use 10 tablets"
So, we did.
But, it was less than impressive.
This was it.
Woo Hoo.
The kids didn't care, they still thought it was cool.
I love Molly's expression..."OOOOhhhhhhh"
Ken had picked up a couple for his freshman class.
I was relieved we had done this with our kids before he used them at school.
Somehow, I feel like 14 year olds would be less impressed.
We are going to try again, old school.
Baking soda and vinegar.
Hopefully, we will a better reaction.
From the chemicals, not the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! As I was reading this my kids were in the kitchen doing the old school style with Rico! It shot up to the ceiling! Where did you get your volcanoe model? I know Nate would love it. We should buy up some fun science models and let Nate and JAck go to town!