Tuesday, June 14, 2011

strawberry fields forever

I was able to take the morning off and go with Jack's class on a field trip!
He was so happy to have me there, and I have to admit,
it was nice to be on a field trip wearing my "mom" hat.

We went to Tanaka Farms, in Irvine.

(When I look at this picture, I can't believe Jack is going to be a third grader!)

After the tractor ride, we got to pick our own strawberries.
I got a basket to fill, and so did Jack.
It's a good thing Molly LOVES them!







They also have watermelon tours, cook out tours, pumpkin tours,
Christmas tree tours, and a very cool
Community Supported Agriculture program.
I think we may have to take my 3 year old veggie and strawberry lover back this summer!

2 comments:

mel said...

That place is awesome!

Tracy E. said...

Tell me when you take Molly! I want to go!!